1/2-inch drip blank distribution tubing has a nominal outside diameter of 0.700 inch which is common in retail residential installations. Made of low-density polyethylene (LDPE), it is designed with flexible characteristics which make it suitable for a variety of landscape designs. Use 1/2-inch drip blank distribution tubing with Drip-Lock fittings to carry water from a drip valve or hose faucet to a zone of drip-watered plants. This tubing is “blank” which means it is a continuous run of tubing without any pre-installed emitters in it. Use a Drip Punch Tool to insert 1/4-inch barb drip fittings or emitters at points close to each plant. Since the outside diameter of 1/2-inch tubing may vary by manufacturer, we recommend using Orbit Universal Drip Fittings when connecting to non-Orbit drip systems. We also strongly recommend using a 2-in-1 filter and pressure regulator for all drip zones. For non-constant pressure outdoor irrigation use with cold water only.
- For carrying water from a drip valve or hose faucet throughout a drip zone
- UV-resistant polyethylene “blank” tubing without pre-installed emitters
- Nominal outside diameter of 0.700 which is common in residential applications
- Compatible with both Drip-Lock and universal drip fittings
- Optional drip punch tool allows insertion of 1/4-inch barb fittings or emitters
- For optimum drip zone performance use with a filter and pressure regulator